My name is Tom Tollenaere. I am an improv player, trainer and musical director, based in Belgium. I like to think & theorize about improv and spend more time doing that than is good for me. Sometimes I write down the result of those thoughts in blog posts here. Perhaps you’ll find those interesting.
- April 17, 2021: blog post about adding the term “agreeability” to our improv vocabulary.
- March 28, 2021: blog post about using “Care” as a measure for improv professionalism.
- February 5, 2021: blog post about verse & chorus on the same chord progression.
- January 5, 2021: blog post about improvised verse/chorus songs.
- November 23, 2019: new post about Improvised List Songs.
- October 30. 2019: new post about the importance of titles in improvised songs.
- September 23, 2019: I was teaching and performing in Boston earlier this month, and we created a fun Musical Improv Format: P-Triple-M.
- August 29, 2019: new post about the Circle of Possibilities.
- July 11, 2019: How cool is this? Bad Dog Theatre Company is running a series of classes on my Cloud Atlas format. If you’re in Toronto this Summer you should check them out!
- June 12, 2019: This Summer I will be teaching and performing in Belfast & Boston!
- May 30, 2019: New post on Obviousness.
- April 30, 2019: New post on Embracing Mistakes.
- March 5, 2019: New post about Endowment.
- January 30, 2019: a new article about “Extreme Anding“. Sounds weird? Check it out!